TERMS & CONDITIONS
SAME DAY deliveries are picked up during the business day and delivered by the end of business day on a best effort basis.
OVERNIGHT deliveries are picked up during the business day and delivered the following business day (Monday through Friday, statutory holidays excluded).
To assure overnight charge, Overnight deliveries must be ordered 11/2 hours prior to the close of your business day or by the cut off time for the pick up area, whichever is earlier.
Surcharges apply to certain destinations. Please consult the destination list.
White Rock Courier does handle some classes of dangerous goods (as specified by Transport Canada). Please ensure that you specify your shipment includes dangerous goods when placing your order. A $12.00 surcharge will apply.
White Rock Courier does not cross non-violent, non-confrontational nor other types of picket lines.
WEIGHT & DENSITY
- All shipments subject to weight verification.
- Non-standard sized packages are subject to surcharge.
- All shipments subject to 10 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Lengths over 14 feet are subject to surcharge.
- Non-stackable skids minimum charge $65.00
- 4 x 8 Skids rated @ 800 lb. minimum
C.O.D., RE-DELIVERY, WRONG ADDRESSES, WAITING, UNLOADING/LOADING TIME
- C.O.D. shipments must be identified at the time the order is placed and will be returned via overnight service unless otherwise specified. C.O.D. is $5.00 plus base tariff.
- Re-delivery and wrong addresses are an additional $5.00 per delivery and $12.00 for 5 ton trucks. All deliveries are redelivered the following business day for this charge.
- Waiting time, unloading/loading time is $50.00 per hour. Customs delays due to incomplete shipper documentation will be charged at the above hourly rates. First 10 minutes free.
- Orders not ready for pick up when a driver arrives are subject to no pick up charges of $5.00 and $12.00 for 5 ton trucks.
- Power Tailgate fee of $15.00 1st skid, $10.00 each additional skid.
- Residential delivery surcharge will apply.
- No collect shipments to Interline Points.
- $20.00 non-account minimum charge.
- $5.00 proof of delivery charge.
- White Rock Courier will not accept mattresses for delivery.
- Appointment charge $35.00.
- Engines – minimum charge $65.00
- Insurance is available at a valuation charge of 2% + $10.00 to a maximum of $500.00 declared value.
- Mirror and/or glass items, acrylic, pottery and ceramics, perishable goods, artwork and used goods cannot be insured and must be properly packaged for shipping.
- White Rock Courier will not accept liability for some unusual items, including auto parts. Such items travel at shipper’s risk of damage.
- Concealed damage must be reported within 24 hrs. of receipt of delivery.
- Not liable for loss, damage, inconsequential damage or delay, whether or not arising from negligence, to any of the goods transported. Maximum liability of $2.00 per lb. ($4.41/kg.) to a maximum of $100.00 per waybill. All claims must be received in writing within seven days of the date of shipment.
- Jewelry, precious stones, money, bonds and other items of extraordinary value cannot be shipped via White Rock Courier.
- Improperly packaged and/or non-packaged goods will be sent at the shipper’s risk. White Rock Courier accepts no liability or responsibility for damage to such shipments.
- The shipper will be responsible for all shipping charges on shipments where the receiver refuses to pay any or all collect charges, including storage and/or return charges.
- Signature is required for all deliveries unless prior arrangements have been made with White Rock Courier. Items will not be left at destination without a signature and envelopes will not be mail slotted.
Delivery times not guaranteed.