The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about White Rock Couriers’ policy relating to collection, use, protection and disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII) provided through use of our website or through use of our delivery services.
What Personal Information We Collect
White Rock Courier collects and retains information that is necessary in order to successfully deliver your shipment, either through White Rock Courier or its agents. Examples of the types of personal information collected are:
- Telephone & fax number
- Email Address
- Credit card number and/or billing information
- Proof of identity (such as your signature)
- Contents of your shipment (for purposes such as: insurance, shipment of Dangerous Goods, compliance with customs regulations)
Use of Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personally identifiable information (PII). The primary purpose for collecting this information is to successfully deliver your shipment. Other purposes may be:
- Communicating with you or the recipient about the status of your shipment
- Customer service and account management, including communicating about changes or additions to our services
- Billing and accounts receivable, including collection of outstanding debts by a third party
- To comply with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and as required by Canadian or US customs (or other related agencies)
- As required by law to assist in an investigation by municipal, provincial or federal officials
Disclosure of Personal Information
- In compliance with an investigation relating to unlawful activities, as required by municipal, provincial or federal officials.
- To a third party, in the event of a proposed or actual sale, merger or acquisition. Personal information will be released in accordance with the conditions outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Knowledge and Consent
Personal information is collected from customers on a voluntary basis and may be withdrawn subject to legal or contractual obligations by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address listed below.
Security of Your Personal Information
Access to personally identifiable information is restricted to specifically authorized employees of White Rock Courier, or its agents, is stored at secured locations and is only kept as long as required by law. White Rock Courier cannot guarantee the security of information displayed on waybills or packages that is in plain view to the public.
To Contact Us:
If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement, please contact us at:
White Rock Courier Ltd
#101-1588 Derwent Way,
Delta, B.C. V3M 6Z7
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
White Rock Courier may alter this Privacy Statement at any time without notice. Please refer to our website to review any updates to our Privacy Statement.